CUSTOMER CASE #12.0701 – “Boat Cam”
For many years, Dotworkz housings have been used in marine applications due to the reliability of our non-metallic materials and solid IP66+ ratings. The “Boat Cam” was a slightly more unusual project, and required our camera housings to be both rust-proof and stabilized during high-speed pursuits on the open-ocean.
Though already overbuilt in regards to stability and vibration resistance, the “Boat Cam” venture required a few small changes to the S-Type camera housing to allow for the 4x G forces occurring when a patrol boat hits 20+ foot swells head-on. Dotworkz added custom nitrogen dampers to supply an additional 20 newtons of opposing pressure to our Strong Arm mount, countering the harsh ocean conditions.
All power and video cabling was routed to a water-tight NEMA box outfitted with a custom NVR bracket, allowing for easy removal of the NVR without requiring tools or system expertise.
BOM (Bill of Materials)
- ST-HBR-MVP S-Type Heater & Blower MVP Enclosure with stainless steel dampened Strong Arm
- NVR-XERO-ULTRA Edge recording with integrated Verizon 4G LTE wireless connection
- BR-MPM1 pole mount bracket
- Panasonic Arbitrator public safety camera system
- Watertight NEMA box outfitted with custom bracket for NVR